CompetenciesNon-Profit Organizations Municipal and Public Law Healthcare Appellate Work Policies, Procedures, & Handbooks Training Jury Trial & Arbitration Employment and Labor Law Education Compliance & Ethics
James N. Foster, Jr., practices in all areas of labor and employment law representing employers exclusively in negotiations, and in litigation before the courts, National Labor Relations Board, and the National Mediation Board. In representing and serving the firm’s clientele, Jim relies upon his legal education, his tenure as a Field Attorney with Region 14 of the National Labor Relations Board, and over thirty (30) years of experience in private practice.
In the arena of traditional labor law Mr. Foster provides multiple services, which include representing employers in negotiations, proceedings before the NLRB and NMB, including NLRB unfair labor practices, statutory remedial issues, statutory priority cases such as secondary boycotts, and NLRB representation proceedings, inclusive of post-election challenge and objection proceedings. With respect to established bargaining relationships, he has a broad range of experience in negotiating collective bargaining agreements, in providing legal advice regarding strikes, and in obtaining state and federal court injunctions.
Mr. Foster also handles all facets of employment law, including employment discrimination claims arising under Title VII, the Civil Rights Act of 1991, the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act, the Fair Labor Standards Act, and the Family and Medical Leave Act. He has appeared and litigated cases in federal and state courts and before administrative agencies throughout the country. In addition, he advises clients on employment-related matters such as personnel policies, daily human resources issues, employment contracts, severance agreements, and employee handbooks.
Mr. Foster’s extensive airline and railroad industry background under the Railway Labor Act includes the representation of major carriers in litigation before the federal courts, in arbitration before the adjustment board and in representation matters before the National Mediation Board.
St. Louis University
St. Louis University
Admitted To Practice
- State of Missouri
- United States District Court, Eastern District of Missouri
- United States District Court, Western District of Missouri
- Supreme Court of the United States
- United States Court of Appeals, Third Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals, Fourth Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals, Seventh Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals, Eighth Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- United States District Court, Eastern District of Arkansas
- United States District Court, Western District of Arkansas
- United States District Court, District of Colorado
- United States District Court, Western District of Michigan
- United States District Court, Northern District of Texas
- United States District Court, Southern District of Texas
- United States District Court, Western District of Texas
- United States District Court, Western District of Wisconsin
Blog Posts by
James N. Foster, Jr. View All
Effective June 9, 2018, a new Kansas City, Missouri ordinance places restrictions on an employer’s inquiries into, and the use of, criminal record information. The...