Laws regulating the transportation industry are complex and constantly changing. McMahon Berger attorneys closely monitor these changes, from the latest DOT regulations, to union election rule changes by the National Labor Relations Board. When legislative changes or other key developments occur, our attorneys distribute industry specific legal alerts to our clients to help them stay informed.
McMahon Berger attorneys have years of litigation experience in the industry, including trucking, logistics, supply chain, intermodal, shipping, and the airline and railway sectors. Our transportation industry experience includes:
- Counseling and representation of clients before the Department of Transportation and the Department of Labor, as well as matters involving state and federal labor relations statutes, and related laws;
- Counseling and representation of clients in proceedings before the National Labor Relations Board;
- Counseling and representation of clients on matters before the National Mediation Board and in connection with issues under the Railway Labor Act;
- Counseling and defense of wage hour claims;
- Counseling and defense of labor issues and disputes, including the negotiation and interpretation of collective bargaining agreements, grievance and arbitration proceedings, work stoppages and strikes;
- Counseling and defense of claims brought under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 or state or local civil rights statutes; and
- Counseling and defense of claims brought under the Age Discrimination in Employment Act, the Americans with Disabilities Act and the Family and Medical Leave Act and numerous other federal, state and local employment laws.
Prior to joining McMahon Berger, several of our attorneys have worked directly for the National Labor Relations Board, the Department of Labor, the Missouri Supreme Court, and Federal District Courts. Our experienced attorneys have first-hand knowledge and years of experience addressing and resolving claims related to the transportation industry and regularly assist employers, management, human resources professionals and executives understand their legal rights, responsibilities and obligations under federal, state and local laws.
McMahon Berger’s experienced attorneys offer clients training, seminars, legal updates and other resources to assist in the prevention of employment claims and the limitation of liability connected with such claims, and keep employers up to date on recent legislation, regulatory activity, and court decisions impacting the transportation industry.
McMahon Berger has an outstanding record in obtaining excellent results for clients in litigation, whether in court, before administrative agencies, or in arbitration. We provide our clients pragmatic approaches to solving problems before litigation happens, and ensure that clients are fully prepared for the challenges awaiting them during litigation. More than ever, clients need cost-effective and efficient service from their attorneys, and McMahon Berger’s central location and approach to doing business puts its attorneys in a unique position to deliver that kind of service every day.