PLEASE NOTE: This event is currently full and we have started a wait-list. Register below to be placed on the list and notified if an opening arises.
Register below and mark your calendar to join McMahon Berger, P.C. for our latest training program to provide you with helpful tips and strategies to address common workplace issues.
Date: Wednesday, October 2, 2019
8:00 a.m. to 8:30 a.m. Check-in and Continental Breakfast
8:30 a.m. to 9:15 a.m. Keynote Presentation – “Marijuana and the Workplace: It’s the Technology That Needs to Catch Up” – Bryan D. LeMoine
Everyone is talking about accommodating marijuana in the workplace, but accommodating marijuana use is the wrong way of looking at it. This keynote will discuss the challenges (legal and technological) facing employers stuck between federal and state laws concerning marijuana, and how employers should handle employees who test positive for marijuana use.
9:30 a.m. to 10:15 a.m. Breakout Sessions I
10:30 a.m. to 11:15 a.m. Breakout Sessions II
During the Breakout Sessions, you will be able to tailor your experience by choosing from the following areas:
- Employee benefits in a collectively bargained (union) environment – Joshua Richardson
- Form I-9 compliance and other immigration issues – Stephen Maule
- Writing and auditing job descriptions – Timothy Bubenik
- Laws and trends impacting the interviewing and hiring process – Brian O’Neal
- Documentation – how it can help you and how it can hurt you – Kevin J. Lorenz
- Update on new employment laws affecting Illinois employers – Michelle Cain
- Implicit bias in coaching, counseling and evaluations – Dean Kpere-Daibo
Breakout sign up sheets will be available during check-in on a first available basis.
Location: Missouri Athletic Club – West Clubhouse, 1777 Des Peres Road, Town & Country, MO 63131
To Register: You can register below or email Daniela Mangiore at email@example.com.
We will apply for Missouri Bar CLE credits and McMahon Berger, P.C. is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CPSM or SHRM-SCPSM.