Sponsoring Employees for Permanent Residency with St. Louis Immigration Law Attorneys

Many employers choose to hire foreign workers on temporary visas, such as H-1B, L-1 and TN, among others. Because of the cultural adjustments these immigrants undergo, it is best for both employer and employee to test the waters first to make sure the employee is not only a good fit for the company, but also enjoys life in the United States. After this test run, if an employer and employee want to make the position permanent, the employer can sponsor the immigrant for permanent resident or “green card” status. St. Louis Immigration Law Attorneys can help with this complicated process and make it as smooth as possible.

How to Sponsor an Employee with St. Louis Immigration Law Attorneys

For an employer to successfully hire an immigrant for a permanent job in the United States, they will need to go through several steps and satisfy certain requirements. St. Louis Immigration Law Attorneys can break down these steps in detail and what will be required for your potential applicant.

Among the elements a company must satisfy are certain factors related to American workers. A company will need to get a certified labor certification (“PERM”) from the Department of Labor on ETA Form 9089 sent to the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services, certifying that:

  • There is an inadequate number of able, willing, or qualified American workers for the position at the prevailing wage for that occupation
  • Hiring this foreign worker will not have adverse effect on wages or working conditions of similarly employed U.S. workers

Working with St. Louis Immigration Law Attorneys can help a business with this certification, helping move the application along as quickly as possible.

Once the DOL issues a permanent labor certification, St. Louis Immigration Law Attorneys can assist employers with filing the necessary forms with USCIS, including I-140 Petition for Alien Worker and I-485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status.

If you are ready to sponsor an employee for permanent residency, whether the employee is in the United States or in a foreign country, the business immigration attorneys at McMahon Berger can help. With years of experience helping businesses with immigration issues, we can provide the advice you need to get the employees you want. For a consultation, contact us today.

Have an immigration law question? Contact St. Louis Immigration Law Attorneys

Call McMahon Berger today at (314) 567-7350